2018 – Laying the Foundation to Living with Purpose
When I was younger, I remember people telling me that they had their best years in their thirties. I totally get it now and couldn’t agree more.
2018 has been a year of acceptance and easing into who I am. I’ve made peace with myself. I started to fully embrace my uniqueness and what makes me, me. And I’m finally feeling comfortable in my own skin and I’m proud of who I am. I’ve stopped looking to gain approval, permission and validation from other people and have learnt to give it to myself.
I’ve been on this path for a few years now and every year it felt like it had been my best year yet. It’s true and I know it will remain true for the coming years too. What’s more, I’m loving the ease and effortlessness with which everything in the past year has come. And I’m looking forward to more of it.
Effort Comes with Ease When Aligned with Purpose
Don’t get me wrong, this past year was filled with firsts and a lot of time outside of my comfort zone. I’ve definitely pushed myself through a lot of those annoyingly beautiful growth opportunities. Yet, it was much easier because I had myself on my side. This year I’ve been following my heart, trusted my intuition and put a stake into the ground for what I wanted.
I’ve experienced how powerful it is to be clear about my purpose and what I want. Honoring that awakes unknown forces and makes taking actions that get me in the right direction a lot easier. It almost has something magical. There is a flow, an ease, and it feels right.
It’s worth it to dig deep and figure out what we truly want, what’s important to us and how we want to live our life! After all it’s the only one we have, at least in this lifetime 🙂
Living my Purpose
There are a few things I put my stake in the ground for this year because they are important to me:
- I overcame my fear of public speaking and shared my big idea about creating an environment for success for ourselves and companies
- At work I’m living my passion and took the lead to evolve our Corporate Culture
- During the summer I completed my Naam Yoga teacher training.
- I’ve started a blog and published my website
- The last two weeks of the year I finally fulfilled a year-long dream and volunteered at an orphanage in Peru. At the same time I also explored the gorgeous region around Cuzco, and danced my ass off too!
- And last but not least, I’ve spent a lot of time with friends and family, more than ever before and it has been wonderful!
This is how I want to live my life and I’m determined to make sure there will be more of in the coming years.
To a wonderful 2019 – Happy New Year!